(n) a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hobby
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hobby
Someone asked me what my hobbies were...
I think they may have thought I had none because the list didn't come out of my mouth right away.
I had to pause and think back to the days when I had time for them.
Sad, huh.
In my journal I wrote of my dilema. Why couldn't my hobbies just stream out of my mouth and flow into their ear? Did I have hobbies? Well, that's lame, how do I fix it? I swear I have hobbies, what happened to me?
This is what happened....
.Life.
Life, because I have lots to do (as most people do) and I haven't had "hobby" time for awhile. (or "Hubby time" says Steve)
Then I realized, a hobby isn't just a talent.
It is also:
Relaxation
Enjoyment
Release
Center
Holding on to you while finding out more about you.
Holding on to sanity...
Putting aside stress and
finding a release
That is what I wrote in my journal. All the things a hobby means to me.
Then I proceeded to make a hobby list.
Then I proceeded to make a hobby list.
One of the hobbies from my list is...
Photography.
Today I enjoyed two of my hobbies, photography and spending time with my little sister.










This one cracks me up!
Just like a little kid...
She goes on the ice after I tell her not to.
(I turned around from changing lenses to see her testing out the ice)
Yes that is right I caught ya!
Fun.
Hobby-licious Day
But...
I missed my other hobby
Playing with this rascal.
I don't know if it is because I work full time, but,
playing with him is relaxing to me.







You got some nice pictures Krista!
ReplyDeletePlaying with that little boy is one of my favorite things to do.