Friday, February 17, 2012

awkward.

On Tuesday Cache, Steve and I hit up Toys R' Us to find a birthday present for my nephew. Cache wanted to get him a power wheel so bad, he thought it was the greatest idea he ever had. Sadly we weren't able to do that, but we did get him a Fast Lane Hot Shot Flyer and Cache was okay with that.

If you go to Toys R' Us and you are walking past the airplanes you should stop. Look at the box the Hot Shot Flyer comes in. There is a typo. The description says that it "FILES UP TO 100 FEET!!" I personally thought it was kind of funny, but the ditzy side of me was a lil' bit worried that it didn't fly.

When I go up to pay I ask the girl at the checkout stand about toy and this was our conversation:

Girl: (monotone voice) Is this all for you today?
Me: (Probably way to cheerful for Girl's liking) Yes, thank you! Does this toy fly?
GIrl: (Looking at me like I am the least amusing person ever) Yes, it's a plane
Me: It says that it files, see?
Girl: That is just another word for flies. They just wanted to describe it differently.
Me: (Dumbfounded) I don't think that files is a synonym for...never mind
Girl: Do you want a gift receipt
Me: I guess they just made a typo.
Girl: Okay.
Me: Well, if it does end up filing instead of flying I can put that to great use... (nervous, awkward chuckle)
Girl: (clearly not amused) Do you want a gift receipt?
Me: Yes, thank you.

Girl's expression THE whole conversation.

Steve: (Laughing his head off in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment