I know it sounds cliche, but I don't care. Lots of people tell me that it will go by so fast, I just never really knew just how fast they meant. This realization may have been coming from all of our friends having babies. Every time we go into the hospital, I swear I was just there with Cache. Then I look at Cache and he is almost 2!
Fast? What an understatement!
So today I decided to just hang out with Cache. Not just hang around him, or play with him on and off between projects, work and chores. We had some major bonding. Another Cache and Mommy day.
I am SO happy that I get to spend more time with him. I know that I will never get the opportunity to have him as a baby again. I need to take the time everyday to note the little things, take pictures, videos and just enjoy him. I want to go to bed every night and know that I took advantage of the best opportunity ever...being Cache's mom. Cache is little still and he is the sweetest little rascal. I hope he is always sweet, I think he will be, but I swear he is going to tower over me in the next 12 years. So staying little, not going to happen.
Right now hearing Cache say, "Please, daddy." has to be my favorite. Steve's too (obviously). But you have to hear him say daddy, it is heartwarming.
Have you heard the Taylor Swift song, Never Grow Up? It is one of my new favorites. I was thinking, and listening, to this song a lot today.
Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up
Always so fast, he usually turns into a blur in photographs.










Krista. I love it. It's so nice to throw life out the window and just spend time with someone you love! seriously, we should get together soon! I miss you.
ReplyDelete